The other day I told Campbell that Grandpa was coming over in a little while, well a little while to an almost 2 year old means now. She started complaining that Grandpa was not there yet and did not understand when I said you have to be patient. To distract her I told her to go to the front window and watch for his car. She ran into the living room and then let out a blood curdling scream and made a mad dash back to me in the kitchen. When I asked her what was wrong she was speechless (if you know Campbell then you know not talking is hard for our little chatter box). I took her hand and walked her into the living room where I saw what she was so freaked out about.

She had run up to the window only to be nose to nose with our new house guest. We had a little furry friend visit our bird feeder. I had gotten a small bird feeder for Christmas and thought it would be great fun to have it on the front window so Campbell and I could watch the birds eat. Well we had it out for 4 months and nobody came to eat....until the other day. Grandpa finally arrived and Campbell was so excited to show him her new little friend.
The next morning the first thing Campbell did was run to the window to see if her little squirrel friend was back. To her delight there he was eating his breakfast.
1 comment:
I love it! Is Campbell's little friend still hanging around?
Post a Comment