We hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday. We had a great 3 day weekend full of lots of friends, family, sun, and of course fireworks. We started off the weekend going to see some fireworks with Campbell's pals Sydney and Wiley. They had so much fun running around before hand and then of course Aunt Nora brought sparklers and Snap Its. This was Campbell's first try at them so it was great to have her friends to show her how its done. When the fireworks finally started (way past bedtime) Campbell decided they were a little to loud. I took her to the car thinking it was time to leave when she decided watching them on my lap in the car was great fun. So there we sat in the car as she yelled "wow mommy pink, blue, green stars". Next year we bring ear muffs.



On the 4th we headed to the park where there were games, contests, face painting and a big family picnic. Campbell's shirt says Miss Independent on it which fits her little personality just perfect.

Here she is during the sandcastle building contest, yes those are actual landscaping shovels you see in the background and adults, some took this contest a little to serious I think. Campbell had lots of fun playing with her cousins Sawyer and Sullivan as they ran through the pool, the beach and the playground together. Mommy was having to much fun as well so will need to ask Jessica for some of the pics she took of the kids.

Sunday was full of lots of sun, food, and relaxing on the boat with Grandpa. A very nice way to wind down after a busy weekend.

Campbell and Daddy enjoyed a nice swim in the lake also.
1 comment:
I love the Miss Independent shirt, where can I get one? Looks like you guys had a wonderful holiday weekend. Did Campbell win the sand castle contest? I'm jealous that you had sparklers -- I could not find them ANYWHERE out here so Allison still has no idea what a sparkler is. Maybe next year! I love all your updates, thanks for taking the time to do it.
Post a Comment